Bring the Challenge to Church
Use the Energy Challenge to energize your congregation and track total savings.
Why You Should Do It
It's not a coincidence that some of the most active teams on the Energy Challenge are congregations. Hundreds of Creation Care teams across the state use the Energy Challenge to help bring useful information to their churches and track their group's total savings. Because the Energy Challenge doesn't try and make people feel bad about their environmental impact - we prefer suggesting actions that help save money and are fun for the whole family - the Challenge is a great tool to introduce people to "green" actions and spread the word.
What It Costs
Free! You can get free materials, presentations and displays from Emma, the Challenge coordinator. Although providing some snacks near any Energy Challenge material might help improve your numbers...
How to Do It
- Select “Add to My Challenge” and pledge to bring the Energy Challenge to your faith comunity.
- Request an Energy Challenge Congregational Starter Kit from Emma or download the Faith Community Guide to the Energy Challenge for ideas.
- Make sure your church has a team on the Energy Challenge and create one if necessary.
- Connect with any social justice and environmental groups at your church for help. Let Emma know if she can lend a hand, too!
- Congratulate yourself for spreading the word and making a difference for Minnesota!