Install a high efficiency showerhead for effortless savings that don’t impact your comfort
Why You Should Do It
Yes, you’ll be able to get the shampoo out of your hair. High efficiency showerheads help reduce your hot water costs by cycling air in with the water. This means you maintain the same pressure when you shower without using as much water as before – or much money!
What It Costs
You can buy a high-quality high efficiency showerhead for under $10, but there are also opportunities to splurge if that’s what you’re into.
How to Do It
- Select “Add to My Challenge” and pledge to install a high efficiency showerhead in your home.
- Remove your current showerhead and take it with you to the hardware store.
- Look for a similar showerhead that has a flow rate of 2.0 or 1.5 gallons per minute. If it's not listed on the package, it's not high efficiency.
- Install your new showerhead.
- Congratulate yourself for saving energy and money and making a difference for Minnesota!