Throw an energy efficiency party to share ideas and have fun!
Why You Should Do It
Energy efficiency can be fun! No, really! The next time you throw a dinner party, cocktail hour or even birthday parties, consider making energy efficiency a part – like having a biking outing, giving compact fluorescents out as party favors or just talking to friends and family about what you have done.
What It Costs
Depends on what activities you chose to do and how many people - this can be as cost-effective or decadent as your heart desires.
How to Do It
- Select “Add to My Challenge” and pledge to throw an energy efficiency party for friends, family and neighbors.
- Pick a theme: electricity, heat, water conservation? Or maybe compact fluorescent light bulbs or biking. Be creative!
- Use your theme to inspire decorations (bonus points if you recycle old newspaper and cardboard along the way).
- Invite people over to celebrate, eat and drink and talk about energy.
- Congratulate yourself for saving energy and money and making a difference for Minnesota!