Two Degrees of Savings: Heat
Turn your thermostat down just two degrees in the winter to stay comfortable and save money.
Why You Should Do It
Stay comfortable and save money on your heating bills by turning your thermostat down by just two degrees in the winter. You'll stay comfy and keep some money, too.Source: Animal Planet: The Animals Save the Planet
What It Costs
How to Do It
- Select “Add to My Challenge” and pledge to turn your furnace temperature down by two degrees during the heating season
- Check your furnace’s current settings and make a note for yourself.
- Turn the temperature down two degrees!
- Consider purchasing a programmable thermostat to change the temperature for you. Just set the schedule and stop worrying about it!
- Congratulate yourself for saving energy and money and making a difference for Minnesota!
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s too cold to turn down my thermostat! Do you want me to freeze?
Absolutely not! If you’re too cold in your house, this means you need to start with a few simple actions before you can turn your thermostat down. Air leaks can make a big impact for comfort and heating costs, so start with sealing your attic bypasses, insulating your attic, using plastic window kits and basic air sealing. Comfort is an absolute priority.