Upgrade Your Dehumidifier
Replace your 10+ year old dehumidifier with a shiny new efficient unit.
Why You Should Do It
Is your dehumidifier old enough to start middle school? If it's 10+ years old, then it's time to think about upgrading to a new Energy Star-qualified unit that will keep your basement dry without driving up your utility bills.
What It Costs
You can find a high-efficiency dehumidifier unit for $175 to $400, depending on the size and humidity of your basement.
How to Do It
- Select “Add to My Challenge” and pledge to replace your old, inefficient dehumidifier with a shiny new efficient unit.
- Detemine the square footage and current humidity of your basement.
- Go to your favorite appliance store and check out their Energy Star-certified dehumidifiers.
- Remember to check the Energy Guide label (the big yellow one) to compare efficiency and annual costs.
- Congratulate yourself for saving energy and money and making a difference for your family and for Minnesota!