Upgrade to an Efficient Vehicle
Replace your older inefficient vehicle with a car that gets at least 30 miles per gallon.
Why You Should Do It
Did you know that the Ford Model-T, the first car in the US, got better gas mileage than the average car driven today? When it’s time to trade in your clunker, make sure you think about getting a car that gets at least 30 miles per gallon gas efficiency. Your wallet will thank you for it.
What It Costs
It depends on whether you go with new or used and what kind of model.
How to Do It
- Select “Add to My Challenge” and pledge to replace your old car with one that gets at least 30 miles per gallon.
- Check out fuel economy guides (see More Resources) and decide what kind of car you are looking for.
- Ask family and friends for their recommendations.
- Remember to always take at least one other person with you when you go car hunting and give yourself enough time to make a decision!
- Congratulate yourself for saving energy and money and making a difference for Minnesota.